Various essays and novels have been written about Nicaragua and its turbulent history. Delegates of the San Juan del Sur Sister City Project, David and Margaret Morganroth Gullette, and the late John Brentlinger have each published works on the topic. These excerpts will help you to understand the Nicaraguan culture, experience the beauty of the country, and appreciate the resilience and warm heart of the people.
- The Best of What We Are: Reflections on the Nicaraguan Revolution by John Brentlinger
- Florcita la Suerte by Margaret Morganroth Gullette
- “J.P.’s Nica Lexicon” an excerpt from Dreaming Nicaragua by David Gullette
- “J. P. Wakes,” another excerpt from Dreaming Nicaragua byDavid Gullette
- “A Problem With the UN Millennium Goals: A Sixth-Grade Diploma is No Longer Enough” by Margaret Morganroth Gullette
- EL LIQUIDO VITAL: Solving Water Problems in Southwestern Nicaragua by David Gullette